Thursday, August 9, 2012

Olympics and OPI DS Glamour

Finally an Olympic mani. I've intended to do one for weeks. I can't believe it took women's beach volleyball to push me ove the edge. I am normally a gymnast fanatic (loved the fab five)! So much greatness from all the competitors.

I used OPI DS Glamour, Jade Surreal, OPI Kyoto Pearl over WetnWild white. Lots of good old chemicals. All the stamping polishes were Konad.

But wow, volleyball! Three time gold medal Olympiads Misti May Treanor and Kerri Walsh Jennings are so inspiring. They seem to have such great comradery and sportsmanship. I hate to see them retire, even though this is not normally a sport I watch. 

Here's to you ladies and all the USA Olympiads, I had to show some country love!





 Aly Raisman was super inspiring Tuesday as well! I loved her leotard. Sharing her medal with her coach and congratulating her competitor after the beam, showed her character. Gabby is a little doll. I could go on...
 I went back and free hand painted a couple of stars with the Jade Mystic Gold.

This picture is indoor room lighting and I like it better than the above light box pictures for true color/holo representation.

For stamping, I used these plates. Lovely backgrounds I have! And, I have one of the plates turned wrong so you can't see the multi size stars I used. Sorry about that.


An outdoor shot. Nice, but no where near the holo this mani is actually sporting!


There are so many more exciting competitions yet to go. Oscar Pistorious is inspirational and I can't wait to watch the rhythmic floor dancing.

What sports have you watched? Have a great day! 

6 comments:

  1. wow, this looks more than amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. It's my Olympic birthday mani lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Major heart this one...You are so lucky to have DS Glamour! I never bought it when it was in retail - now cannot touch the $. Love your stamping plates with Olympic rings. Been trying to play to make some on my own carving out my own stamp (fail), & then got some rings to look OK with an pencil eraser head home-made stamp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!!! I'm so glad you like it. DH's first comment was "Easter eggs?" and I was a bit deflated. But I did get some nice comments while were out. Did you post yours? I need to see!

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! I love to read your comments and welcome them. I try to respond to every one. It's so nice to know someone is "listening".

I do maintain a "be nice" commenting policy. Comments that are strictly offensive, spammy, self-promotional, or mean-spirited may be removed. I'm really sad to even have to add that sentence.