Friday, December 7, 2012

It's time for Christmas?!

The neighbors have their lights up, so it must be... I have done a couple of manis, I just haven't been good about taking pictures, or posting.

Here's one I think you might be interested in seeing.  Maybe. I was terribly excited to get my hands on this polish. Maybelline Mirror Image. Someone tipped me off to it being available on ebay and I nabbed one.


I decided to try some layering tests since the bottle is not that big. My pointer I put the Mirror Image directly on my standard base coat. My middle finger and pinkie finger I used the enclosed base on top of my base coat. I used Orly Luxe as a base on my ring finger.


Here it is at two coats on all except my ring and pinkie. They each had only one coat of the Mirror Image.


My pinkie actually looked the best at one coat. The directions said two to three coats. I went ahead and stamped it with SdP 72 from Dashica. I dotted a few "berries" on and stamped a bow using KleanColor Metallic Red and Cheeky plate 24.


I did not expect this to hold up more than 24 hours, but it held up well over 3 days with the pinkie taking the worst of the wear.


This is my first Christmas mani. It took me 4 days to think to take pictures of it... fail. By that time, I had knocked a chunk out of my nail. This is China Glaze Emerald Sparkle and Ruby Pumps. Two old favorites. :)


Hope your Holiday plans are coming along!
Have a great day! 

13 comments:

  1. Very pretty manis. I like the first one better, but they are both very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful manis! I like candy cane type manis so the second one gets two thumbs up from me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thank you ;) I'm sorry I didn't get better pictures.

      Delete
  3. This is adorable! I love that you accented the stamp with little red mistletoe berries :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both. I ordered a stamping kit months ago, but have yet to use it. I'm nervous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you need to get that kit out and play! :D Stamp on paper and get a feel for it. Just get the scrape and stamp motion down. Then, start on your nails ;)

      Delete
  5. Love the stamping - but wow - Mirror Image is amazing! I have never seen it till now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the chromiest of chromes. If you can get your hands on it, do!!! :)

      Delete
  6. I love your Christmas manis, these are both really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This has such a beautiful finish! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love to read your comments and welcome them. I try to respond to every one. It's so nice to know someone is "listening".

I do maintain a "be nice" commenting policy. Comments that are strictly offensive, spammy, self-promotional, or mean-spirited may be removed. I'm really sad to even have to add that sentence.