Thursday, February 21, 2013

Galaxy nails

I have long admired the Galaxy nails seen everywhere. My particular favorite are the blue ones at Coewless. I finally decided to attempt them!


I decided to make them drip, in reverse. Easy enough... Maybe I will attempt the other way some other time.


I used the following polishes:
A base of Orly Haley's Comet, sponged on Ulta Whatever Floats your Moat with lots of Orly Lunar Eclipse. I went back in with China Glaze Custom Kicks and Four Leaf Clover. Then highlighted those areas with Essie Mint Candy Apple and Zoya Tangy. Then I splattered with a bit of white acrylic paint, just a touch. I stamped some stars that I isolated from Cheeky 46. I used Sally Hansen CSM Lavendar Cloud for the drips.

Here are all the colors I used. I used these self locking tweezers to hold a tiny piece of sponge for each color.


This is Orly Haley's Comet. I love it :)
 Do you like this better without the drips? I think I might. I'm undecided.
Have a great day! 

2 comments:

  1. I definitely like it far better without the drips. It was gorgeous and the drips took something away from that gorgeousness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I do too! I may redo them in a different group of colors next time :)

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! I love to read your comments and welcome them. I try to respond to every one. It's so nice to know someone is "listening".

I do maintain a "be nice" commenting policy. Comments that are strictly offensive, spammy, self-promotional, or mean-spirited may be removed. I'm really sad to even have to add that sentence.