Monday, March 12, 2012

Layla Jade Grove

If you think my Layla Jade Grove looks a tad more green than other pictures you might see. It probably does. That's because it was so silvery looking to me that I added about 20 or so drops of Illamasqua Rampage to green it up a bit. I was pleased with the result and I don't think it changed the holo effect much if at all!


I used the same base as I did before. 
Barielle Hydrating Ridge Filler
Orly Bonder (I should have put this on first!)
Instant Artificials
Two coats of Layla
(no topcoat in these pictures)


As you can see on my index finger, I had some balding. I think it's because my base was not entirely dry. Last time I think I had some Diamont in between. Again, as with the silver Layla, a base with a similar color would have allowed me to use one coat of the Layla and still have a beautiful rainbow. I am going to try that next time! (I know I said that last time...)


Then, I stamped it with a matte green Claire's. I think the name is Chalkboard. The plate I used is XL-C. I love this pattern. It's fan shape is a little odd and hard to fit so I wish it were larger. Still, it's a favorite.


I also added Sally Hansen Insta Dri topcoat. It seems to work well with the Laylas without dulling the holo. I must say, my pictures are disappointing. There was much more fire IRL. I'm not sure what the camera was doing today. Be aware if you order this, it's more silver than green. You can order them from aveyou.com or I hear Ulta should have them later this month!



Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love to read your comments and welcome them. I try to respond to every one. It's so nice to know someone is "listening".

I do maintain a "be nice" commenting policy. Comments that are strictly offensive, spammy, self-promotional, or mean-spirited may be removed. I'm really sad to even have to add that sentence.