Saturday, February 11, 2012

OPI Holland - Pink and Blue

I knew when I first saw these that I would buy a few. I wasn't sure I would buy both the blues. Based on the reviews I had seen online they looked so similar. I had seen them compared to Zoya Skylar and OPI I Have a Herring Problem does look very much like it. But when I saw them together in person, they looked so different to me, I knew I needed :) them both! 

I thought I would do a quick swatch comparison in case you did not have access to them to see the difference. All of these are two coats.

OPI I Don't Give a Rotterdam is the lighter of the two and on my index and ring finger. It is almost a sky blue with icy gold flecks in it. It was a must have for me. I lived and worked in Rotterdam as an expat for a while.

OPI I Have a Herring Problem is the darker on the middle and pinkie finger. It is a greyer or denim blue and has gold and silver flecks. Sometimes they flash green and red! It makes me wonder if there are sparse amounts of teeny holo glitter. 

These all remind me of the glass fleck polishes China Glaze has put out, but the flecks are icy looking, and appropriately so for Holland.

(oops I should have done clean up on this one)


I also purchased Pedal Faster Suzi! I didn't intend to do so, but when I saw it I had to have it. The flecks in it are not gold (as I was told) but are very icy or like glistening snow. The polish itself, while pink almost leans lavender. 





These next two are nearly identical shots, but one shows the pinker side and one looks bluer. That's how this polish is. I think this one will either disappear quick because non-collectors will also be snatching it up, or it will end up being permanent. This one is also two coats. It could have used a third, but I had other plans I'll post that later :)



See you soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love to read your comments and welcome them. I try to respond to every one. It's so nice to know someone is "listening".

I do maintain a "be nice" commenting policy. Comments that are strictly offensive, spammy, self-promotional, or mean-spirited may be removed. I'm really sad to even have to add that sentence.