Thursday, April 26, 2012

Layla Hologram Mermaid Spell

I tried a new base coat with this. One that Ulta forced on me, OPI Natural Nail Base Coat. I would never buy it. The only good thing I can say about it is that it dried fast, but you know what, the first coat of every polish I've ever put on has dried fast. So, that's not saying much. I need to try it with a polish that stains, *glances at Sally Hansen Grass Slipper* and see if it prevents staining. Otherwise, there is no reason I see to buy this base coat. I'd rather use one of the binding or hydrating bases.

I put on two coats of Mermaid Spell, then a coat of Sally Hansen Diamond Flash. It seemed to dull the holo just the tiniest bit even after good dry time. So, I added another coat of Mermaid Spell.

I had to try out a new plate from Amazon, XL-H and my new Konad Princess polish. The lines on the plate are a tiny bit thick but I like the image. I thought it looked a bit like fancy seaweed for this mermaid. Love having new stamping polish. It stamps so much better! I topped the stamp with Diamond Flash and had no smearing.




Mermaid Spell alone. Inside, with diffused daylight.


Outside





Have a great day! 

4 comments:

  1. Flawless! Thx for reminding me I need to still my SH Flash!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I didn't realize how bad my white was. This was so easy :). It's worth it the $

      Delete
  2. the holo in this is astounding!! i cant believe it's dulled, it seems as stunning as ever to mee :D i can't wait to try mine out, i finally got ocean rush in the mail recently!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love to read your comments and welcome them. I try to respond to every one. It's so nice to know someone is "listening".

I do maintain a "be nice" commenting policy. Comments that are strictly offensive, spammy, self-promotional, or mean-spirited may be removed. I'm really sad to even have to add that sentence.